What is a Glycolic Peel?
When your skin is in need of some serious TLC, consider a glycolic peel. You may choose an at home glycolic peel or a peel performed by a dermatologist to gently exfoliate the upper layer of skin. The difference is the percentage of glycolic acid with the at home varieties using a lower percentage.
Glycolic acid is one of the mildest acids used on the face. It is an AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) that can be extracted from sugar cane, sugar beets and fruits. It dissolves the ‘glue’ that holds the cells of upper layer of skin together allowing for exfoliation.
What Are The Benefits of a Glycolic Peel?
In addition to exfoliation, glycolic peels transform the appearance, texture and overall tone of the skin. While stimulating natural collagen production, glycolic acid reduces the appearance of fine lines and pores while creating a healthy glow. In addition to anti-aging, glycolic acid lightens discolorations from sun and age spots. By keeping the skin clear of dead cells that clog pores, glycolic acid also helps reduce and prevent whiteheads, blackheads and acne.
After using a glycolic peel, the skin is renewed, refined, and bright. It is safe to use during pregnancy and helps with hyperpigmentation that may occur during pregnancy. One of the added benefits of using a glycolic acid peel is it allows other skin products to better penetrate the skin.
How Often Should I Use Glycolic Peels?
An in- office peel is of a much higher concentration and therefore is not needed as often as at home peels. An at home peel of lower concentration of glycolic acid can be used 2-3 times per week if tolerated well. Even if your skin tolerates glycolic acid, it is not recommended for daily use as it may interfere with the barrier function of the outer layer of skin causing it to breakdown and not protect against bacteria and fungus.
What are Some Considerations When Using Glycolic Peels?
People with sensitive skin might find it more difficult to get used to this type of peel. It is suggested to slowly introduce your skin to glycolic acid and allow it to get used to it prior to using it regularly. If your skin is sensitive a lighter concentration at home peel is recommended. If your skin is sensitive, it is recommended to start with a lower strength at a dermatologist office and gradually increase with each visit. With sensitive skin there is a slight risk of redness, inflammation, pigmentation or scarring. If your skin is sunburned, prone to cold sores and if you are taking Accutane or prescription retinol for acne, consult a physician before using a glycolic peel. Glycolic acid may increase your sensitivity to UV rays, so be sure to use sunscreen between treatments.
Looking For A New At Home Glycolic Facial Peel?
Timeless Organics Pumpkin + Glycolic Facial Peel delivers all of the above benefits and more. As stated by a loyal customer, “This product not only made my skin feel and look great, it removed a couple of stubborn small cysts under my skin after two applications. I absolutely love this product and it is part of my skin care regimen 2-3 times each week.”
With ingredients such as Pumpkin Puree, Glycolic Acid and Vitamin C, this unique peel not only sloughs off dead skin to reveal brighter skin, evens out skin tone and minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, the added ingredients of Bilberry Fruit Extract and Meadowfoam Seed Oil help to soothe and hydrate skin leaving it soft and smooth. The following is a brief description of this wonderful cocktail of ingredients that comprise this natural, organic, unique facial peel:
- Pumpkin Fruit Purée - Pumpkin (a skin superfood) is loaded with over 99 nutrients including Vitamin C & beta-carotene, a Vitamin A derivative. Helps to soften the skin and boost its collagen production to prevent the signs of aging such as wrinkles, fine lines, and dark spots.
- Glycolic Acid - The holy grail for exfoliation, effectively removing the outermost layer of dead cells from the complexion, revealing brighter, fresher skin. Often to treat scarring, skin discoloration and signs of aging, like fine lines and wrinkles.
- Meadowfoam Seed Oil - Another skin superfood. This wonderful oil has moisturizing and rejuvenating properties and is one of the best oils to help prevent moisture loss. This oil naturally helps your skin to form a barrier to lock in moisture and deliver nutrients deep into your epidermis.
- Sugar Cane Extract- Clears skin imperfections and is high in naturally occurring AHA's. AHA's are proven to fight acne, reduce blemishes, prevent aging and help in keeping the skin hydrated
- Bilberry Fruit Extract - contains anti-inflammatory properties that are good for minimizing swelling. If your face is feeling a bit red, or perhaps if our skin is reacting to our stress, products with bilberry extract help reduce the symptoms.
- Vitamin E - One of the most powerful antioxidants, Vitamin E destroys free radicals that damage collagen and cause skin dryness, fine lines and wrinkle.
One attribute is this product is so easy to use. 2-3 nights per week, wash face and dry, and using a brush or finger tips, apply the Pumpkin + Glycolic Facial Peel to your face and neck for 5-10 minutes. Then, simply rinse face and see and feel immediate results.
With so many options to choose for the health of your skin, science has determined the effectiveness of glycolic peels, and dermatologists choose it as one of the main acids for in office facial peels, and as such you might consider it as an at home facial peel.
With scientific studies and dermatologists excited about the benefits of glycolic acid peels for radiant skin, it is no wonder the team at Timeless Organics Skin Care created this organic, chemical free at home glycolic peel. For more information on the Pumpkin + Glycolic Facial Peel and all skincare products visit Timeless Organics Skin Care.